Session Time: 3:15pm-4:45pm
Presentation Time: 3:51pm-4:03pm
*Purpose: There is limited data on outcomes for patients receiving a isolated kidney transplant (KAIT) after any prior Multi-organ or Isolated Intestinal transplant (IT). We compared the outcomes of such transplants with Combined Intestinal-Kidney Transplants (CIKT).
*Methods: The KT database from 1992 through Sep 2017 was cross-linked with the IT database for all kidney transplants performed. Data was analyzed for incidence, demographics, risk factors and outcomes after KT.
*Results: There were a total of 2,886 IT recorded from 1990 through Sep 2017. There were a total of 190 (6.6%) Kidney transplants recorded of which 54 (28.4%) were KAIT while the remaining 136 (71.6%) where Combined (CIKT). The Median Duration from Intestinal Transplant to Kidney transplant was 5.6 years (Range 0.47 to 18.9).One year KAIT graft survival was 87% as compared to CIKT 52%. 5 year graft survival was 74% vs 36%. Death censored KAIT graft survival at 1 year was 98% vs 87% and 5 years 83% vs 74%.overall unadjusted kidney graft survival was significantly lower in CIKT as compared to KAIT p=0.009.
|Variable||Total N=190||KAIT 54||CIKT 136|
|Recipient age at Transplant||32 +/-21||34+/-20.7||31+/-22.1|
|Kidney transplant adult/peds (%)||66.9/33.1||74.1/25.9|
|Wait time||158+/-279||268+/-361||117 +/-230|
|Kidney rejectin within 1 year||7.4%||11.1%||5.9%|
NEW ERA 2007-2017 UNDAJUSTED GRAFT OVERALL SURVIVAL
*Conclusions: Our data shows that isolated kidney transplant after any prior Multi-organ or isolated Intestinal transplant has higher graft survival as compared to combined Intestinal Kidney Transplant. Higher CNI tough levels may be one common factor leading to lower graft survival.
To cite this abstract in AMA style:Sharfuddin A, Panezai M, Adebiyi O, Taber T, Yaqub M. Kidney after Intestinal Transplantation: A Comparison with Combined Kidney with Intestinal Transplant. A UNOS Database Analysis [abstract]. Am J Transplant. 2020; 20 (suppl 3). https://atcmeetingabstracts.com/abstract/kidney-after-intestinal-transplantation-a-comparison-with-combined-kidney-with-intestinal-transplant-a-unos-database-analysis/. Accessed September 29, 2020.
« Back to 2020 American Transplant Congress